26 September 2012

Easy one pot meal for Autumn.


This is one of my other half's favourite meals.
Sausage & Lentil Simmer

 I love this because it's a meal he cooks for me.

 I'll share his recipe with you, then maybe your other half can be coaxed into
putting a chefs hat on & cook it for you.

Maybe your thoughts of lentils, is food for the health freaks or maybe not to every ones taste.
 But if you've never eaten them give them a try, I did & cooked like this they are really tasty.




These are the best lentils, French of course.
But I'm sure any other green lentil would be just as good.



I'm not sure where the recipe came from. 
It's one I cut out from a magazine & added to my recipe file.



I hope you can read it.

 Why is it, scanned things come out with a blue tint ?
Maybe some one with 'hints on blogging' can help out on that !


Simmer nicely for about 40/45 mins.


 

Nice plump sausages.




An option,  add a little bit of colour to top it off.




et voila.

 

Bon appetit.



Hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

A bientot

Barbara Lilian
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I can read it:) I have yet to pick up those lentils!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Barbara, Now that dish does look tasty. I'm going to show it to George and see if he is "up to the task"....it's nice to be spoilt once in a while. Well done to your husband for spoiling you! Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Barbara,
    Thanks for so beautifully sharing your recipe!! It is so colorful & appetizing & I didn't see the bluish tint...it must be even more delicious when it was cooked for you! ~rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE lentille and eat them almost everyday though never with sausages...always with quinoa
    Lentille are my meat of choice

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you