20 July 2014

Lavender from the garden.


It's Lavender time again and thank goodness I have plenty to pick.
Back in Springtime I didn't think I'd have very much
as we'd had such a long period of rain.
 
I really will have to think of renewing a lot of my plants.
However I have a good harvest
to be able to make my Lavender posies
Take a look at the old post.
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 

 The 1st picking

 
 



 a few ideas of how to arrange some bunches.














 I used fine wire to attach small bunches onto this raffia heart.
 
A rustic style which I've hung to  dry on the terrace.
Filling the air with it's heavenly perfume.
Which will always remind me of our trip to Provence
 
 

 
 
 
 
 





Of course there will also be lots of lavender bags.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope this will give you a few other ideas
of how to show off your lavender.
 
I still have a lot to harvest.
so I'll be busy this next week.
 
à bientôt
Barbara Lilian
 


7 comments:

  1. Lucky you for your lavender harvest..
    So pretty Barbara..

    Take care..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lavender is beautiful. I am renewing some of my plants as they tend to get leggy after a bit. I love all your beautiful creations too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can almost smell that wonderful fragrance from here Barbara - the thought of it takes me back to a wonderful time in Provence too!
    The rustic raffia heart is beautiful!
    How's your back now?

    Hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks as though you have had a nice lavender harvest and you have used it in the most beautiful of ways. I hope you are feeling better each and every day and enjoying time in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Barbara, I remember your tutorial for lavender posies, and I always meant to make them as they are so lovely, but for some reason I never got around to it.... I really must make the effort this year as I love them. We had the same problem here.... so much rain.... but with the recent good weather my lavender has come on leaps and bounds. Funnily enough, yesterday, I was organising my sewing room and I dropped a paper bag full of dried lavender and the smell, it filled the room.... I just love the smell of lavender.
    How you are doing.... are you on the mend, I do hope so.
    Take care.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lavendar, I just LOVE it & what you make with it!!! I think it is a magical flower...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can smell your lavender from here, Barbara. The lavender hearts are so pretty. That is something that the girls could make together on their craft night. Those would be so lovely as Christmas gifts too. That's nice that they remind you of your trip to Provence.

    Have a relaxing weekend, and thank you for the anniversary wishes today.

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you