16 September 2014

Join me for a walk near where I live in France.


This is what I see on the new walk I've been taking, isn't that view fantastic ?
 
I must paint this, but I think I'll wait for awhile until the Autumn
 when the colours will be better.
 

 
Not far from our house the disused railway lines have been removed
and the track has been made into pleasant routes to walk or cycle along.

So recently we've been discovering some really pleasant walks.
Finding flat paths to take walks where I live is not easy.







One of the old stations is now a very popular restaurant.
We have eaten there, but I didn't take any photos.
We plan to eat there again soon, so I'll take my camera then I can let you see.
 
Some of the railway station stops  have been sold and converted into pretty little cottages.
Here's one that's been named La Halte / Stopping place.


Do you see the original stone underneath that awful modern rendering.
I do hope the new owners will remove it.

Now this one has been tastefully restored.
Maybe they could have tried to have gates made in the railway style.
 
 When I'm fitter I'll try to walk the whole track,
 then I'll get to see more of the stopping places, and let you see how they've been renovated.
 
Now we move on to a short local walk, to the nearest hamlet,
 where there is a farm and just a few houses.
 
 
The Limousin cattle can be seen everywhere
 



One of the many disused wells in the area,
which used to provide water for the tiny hamlets.
 
 
 
 
 
I just had to show you this lonely late sunflower which I saw today on the edge of the road.
( so pleased I remembered to put my aim & shoot camera back in the car )
 
Maybe the seed had been sown by the birds, as there wasn't another to be seen for miles.
 
 
 
 
 
The butterflies are still fluttering from flower to flower.


 
and wild flowers are in abundance.


 
 
 This is usually my weekend walk at my favourite place.
 I just love how it changes throughout the seasons.
The Maize is ready to be cut for winter cattle feed.
And these wild flowers are always the last to be in bloom making a purple carpet.
 
 
 
 
Our picnic place for after walk. There are picnic tables,
 but we like to take our reclining chairs for an afternoon snooze.

 
 
 
 
The lane back home.
This photo was taken in March
 before the Spring leaves have covered their branches.
Soon the leaves will be falling for the Autumn season.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed seeing some of the lovely things
I get to see on my walks.
 
 
à bientôt
Barbara Lilian

 

10 comments:

  1. Coucou , c'est une jolie balade que tu a fait et que tu doit faire souvent . Ta région et belle et bien verte. Ce joli Soleil était bien solitaire sur le bord de cette route de Campagne. Chez nous aussi nous trouvons des Puits abandonner dans la Cour certaines Fermes. Avec toi j'ai fait une belle balade , merci. Il fait trés chaud en Sologne , c'est l'heure de ce reposé .
    Je t'embrasse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must pinch yourself every morning when you wake up Barbara ….. you live in such a beautiful part of the world. I am looking forward to the photos in the restaurant, next time you go …. lots of food pictures please !!!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Barbara, I had a wonderful walk in the sunshine with you and I loved stopping to look at the renovated houses..... yes I could see myself living in the second house, but not with the orange gates I'm afraid, I feel the colour of the gates shoud have been a little more mellow, but maybe that will happen with time.
    You are enjoying some fabulous weather at the moment and how lovely to sit under the shade of a tree to enjoy your lunch..... just perfect.
    Isn't nature wonderful.... a lone sunflower growing happily by the roadside. I wonder after the seeds have been sown, if there will be a little group of sunflowers in the same spot next year. Although the birds will have taken quite a few, I'm sure there will be one or two which have fallen to the ground.
    Taking a walk in the sunshine was a lovely treat as the rest of England is enjoying warm, barmy weather, here in the north east we are 'enjoying' grey, damp days.
    I am glad to hear that you are able to walk a little further each day..... you sound like you are really on the mend.
    Enjoy the sunshine.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, I'm already hooked and I've just seen your first post. Beautiful blog. And I 'liked' your button on the top too!

    Thanks so much for stopping by and giving me an opportunity to meet you. I look forward to getting to know you better. Your photos of where you live are exquisite.

    Happy day....
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, how very beautiful . . .
    My kind of walking place. I loved the thought of taking chairs to sit fo an afternoon snooze.
    And the stone work on the cottages/hamlets . . . love, love . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barbara, I have discovered your beautiful blog via Debbie's blog hop. I so enjoyed accompanying you on your walk via your stunning photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Barbara, I enjoyed taking this beautiful walk with you through the countryside! I just love the purple flowers in the field and the sweet stone cottage. I am visiting from Shane's lovely blog and am a new follower :). xo Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Barbara, What a wonderful place to walk. Both places look so peaceful and lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Barbara - I so loved the walk with you. Just gorgeous vistas - definitely my kind of scenery. So interesting about the houses and how they restored them along the railway. I just may have to back and review these paths you trod. Thanks for taking me along friend. I so enjoyed it. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Walk with you...what a lovely Walk....!!...have a Nice day..love your blog...!..i following now..!love Ria..x!

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you