19 February 2015

Guess what I'm Waiting for ....?






 
 
Yes  Spring.

A few days more of sunshine and we should have some more signs of Spring.
 


 
I love the formation of the petals on pansies.
When I first started  watercolour painting I enjoyed learning the technic

of  wet on wet watercolour painting and painted several pictures of pansies.
I gave each one as gifts to friends and family. At that time I didn't take photos of my paintings.
 

 
A few little spring flowers in an eggcup.
 
 
After last weeks cold frosty mornings it was a pleasure
to walk around  the garden today in the sunshine
it thrilled me to see lots of new growth,

This vintage egg basket is full of cones with Sedum growing through them.
 
 
Bright red shoots on the Photinia ( Red Robin )
 
 
and the catkins or what we call lambs tails on the Hazel trees.
 


  .
The birds are flitting about singing their courting songs.
Then I found a discarded blackbirds nest from last year.
 


 
 These Sempervivums always survive the cold frosts.
Some will die off but I always manage to keep enough to
 replant them in small terracotta pots. Then I can move them around
to fill in an empty space while waiting for plants to resurface after the winter.
 

 
 

I see lots of my followers are still having snow storms.
How are you feeling ?
You must be more impatient waiting for Spring.
 
à bientôt
Barbara Lilian
 
 

14 comments:

  1. I want what you have . . . Love the sedum in the basket with the pine cones. Pa are a favorite of mine. I need to try some watercolor . . . I went to class late yesterday . . . and enjoyed another painting time. Three of us braved a drive from our area to the studio. We have had over twenty inches of snow in the past two days . . . with frigid zero temperatures an minus zero win chills. I love the snow but thus has been a bit too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much longer to wait here - I will enjoy Spring through your photographs first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The basket looks "formidable" with the sedum..and your hens and chicken wow!
    Although we are being spared the 15 ft snowbanks the maritimes have..we are still mnay weeks away from Spring..

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a treat to walk through your garden peeking at signs of Spring, Barbara! I love your vintage egg basket filled with sedum and pinecones. My Midwest garden is still buried under a thick blanket of snow. It is a blessing ~ for the snow protects my perennials and herbs during this deep freeze. We are dreaming of Springtime! Seeing your garden is pure joy! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Spring flower photos are food for my soul. I LOVE Spring and all its lovely new life. Here in Chicago we are in the "deep freeze." It is below zero (-21 C) (-6 F) with even more serious wind chill factors....many schools are closed due to the weather. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos....it is a reminder of what is to come (sooner or later). Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are a few weeks away from the arrival of Spring here . We are covered with snow and a in the middle of a DEEP FREEZE at the moment. But I can close my eyes and see Spring coming. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh que oui que j'attend le printemps. J'aime les pensées. Ce panier avec a œufs et superbe. Je trouve moi aussi que les joubarbes sont belles en cette saison. En Sologne nous avons beaucoup de perce-neiges. J'aime votre blog. Bonne fin de Semaine douce amie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely to see these early signs of warmer days to come, the pensees are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all looks so lovely and spring-like there already! I love the scenes you have photographed and shared. It makes me feel much better when it is snowing outside and bitterly cold. Thank you so much for visiting me. Have a lovely day. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barbara, your pansies are gorgeous, and that picture of the purple and white pansy is one of the prettiest I've seen, wow! Yes, I look forward to spring too, and I see signs of it everyday (more birds around and the blossom trees are starting to show their flowers). I enjoy taking walks with you in your garden, and after seeing those pansies, I may plant some this spring. :~)

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello your garden is beautiful I am very happy to come here , but i don't speak very well your language sorry , thank you very much good nigth nath p

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful spring like scenes in your garden. We are in the balmy part of Canada so we're enjoying many of the same sights - pansies, crocuses, cyclamen. So pretty. So hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Barbara - I'm popping over from Mary's blog to say 'hello'. We are in the midst of yet again another snow-storm here in Ontario, Canada. We are many weeks away from what you are presently enjoying in your gardens. It's so nice to pop over to far-away blogs and enjoy the flowers. I'll be by again. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Barbara - My visit to your part of the world warmed my winter heart - spring still seems like a far away dream here but when I saw your lovely flowers I was transported to all of spring's lovely charms. Thank you friend - hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you