17 October 2012

Look what I saw sitting on my door mat.

As I've previously mentioned I live in rural France and the land around our house has an abundance of deer and wild boar so  I'm able to see all sorts of wild life, when I'm out walking in the Forrest's.
But take a peep at these photos taken at this time last year from inside my house, looking through a small window.



I couldn't move or make a noise as I knew it would run away.











 It lay down on the doormat & stayed here for about half an hour.
If you're like me I can hear you saying aaahhh!!!


We were told that the mother must have deserted it, as young deer are not usually on their own. I hope it's mother hadn't been shot by 'Le Chasseur' like in the film 'Bambi'. I often wonder if it managed to find it's mother or it managed to survive on it's own.


Hope you enjoyed sharing a bit of my country life.

A bientot.


Barbara Lilian

11 comments:

  1. ahhhhh again!


    Adorable little guy

    Glad he doesn't visit me here or the dogs would eat him!

    He looks so gentle and shy.

    Gorgeous, gorgeous!

    Happy weekend.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have taken him/her in...
    She was inviting herself bien sur

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe she will adopt you? Yes, I did say Aaahhhhhh at first glance. She is a beuaty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is precious...I hope she will be alright. Hi Barbara, thank you for coming by my blog!! I am happy to meet you and I am now YOUR latest follower! Let me know if I can help you in any way!! Have a great weekend...this baby is just the cutest way to start my early morning in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, look at that, isn't that so sweet, lucky you!! Unfortunately is IS hunting time and we too have the hunters all over! Lovely images;
    Ronelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Barbara, What a little cutie and to be able to watch him from your window, what a treat that must have been for you and to be able to take photographs aswell. Wonderful! Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Barbara, Just dropped by to see if you would like to join in a little fun. I have tagged you on my blog. It's just a bit of fun to allow people to get to know you and your blog. The link is http://ivyphyllisandme.blogspot.co.uk//2012/11/ive-been-tagged.html. I hope you can join in. Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a precious sight! And what a treat for the rest of us that you were able to share it. That's not something you get to see every day. I hope the little guy made it! It's so nice to meet you, and thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, the cutest thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Visiting you . . . scrolling through and look what I found . . . like you said, ahhhhhh . . . love the photo of the fawn on the door mat.

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you