26 January 2013

I feel like spring is on it's way.

Today I felt a little bit of spring had arrived at my house.  So I decided to do make some changes on my blog.  First was to get rid of the snow scene header picture with  the falling snow. I know it's a little early but it brightened up my day browsing through my files of flower pictures to share some with you. I hope it brightens your day.

Just a week ago we had snow and were waiting for the snow plough to come to clear the road outside of our house, and today we had blue sky, which always makes me feel so much happier.



The view from the garden.
All the bare trees waiting for their leaves to start sprouting.





I  took a walk around the garden to see if there was any sign of growth after it had been under a blanket of snow. To my surprise I saw the green tips of the tulips sprouting, much earlier than usual this year.


This is what they'll look like when they are in flower.
A dwarf variety (sorry I don't know the name) which stay in flower for a long time. 





Our son & his lovely wife used to live here before they moved to Denmark, her own part of the world .
These little tulip bulbs were planted by them almost 15 yrs ago.








A pretty bunch of pink tulips to brighten up the table.











This picture was taken at one of our favorite walking places, part of the lake is still frozen.





 Even though spring hasn't really arrived 
I hope my little bit of early spring 
will cheer you up as much as it has for me.


A bientot

Barbara Lilian.

8 comments:

  1. -24 C here this AM.. I don't see Spring yet:) Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Afternoon Barbara, When I saw your new header it made me smile. It was lovely to see your beautiful flowers and to be reminded that Spring isn't too far away....well a couple of months for us. I love your dwarf tulips. I enjoy the larger tulips in a vase, but I prefer dwarf varieties in the garden as when they have finished flowering there is not so much greenery "lolloping" (technical word) about. I know Spring is around the corner when my Snowdrops start peeking their heads through the earth.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your header is beautiful! Spring is right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, You express in your photos so beautifully the anticipation, the delight that comes with feeling that spring is on its way. Here, in super cold temperatures it is not in our vision too much, though, I admit, the thoughts are starting.How nice to have the tulips from 15 years ago...Salut, Rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful and unexpected spring outburst. Your new header is gorgeous. I haven't had enough of your photos - tulips are among my favorite flowers. The only bad point with tulips is that they grow and fall too fast (even when kept in very little water...)
    Thanks for sharing these beauties, dear Barbara.
    Yesterday was : "Stay warm". Today is "Enjoy the spring air"
    xo,
    Anne Touraine (playing with spring)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a difference a week makes from your snowy post. I love the photos on your header...they definitely look like spring. Here in New Hampshire there is snow on the ground and it is bitter cold...it hasn't been above 20F for a week. It is nice to be reminded that spring is so lovely. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara, your pictures are absolutely lovely, as always. I'm so impressed with your green thumb! I love the two lavender pictures at top, I think they're my favorite. Do you have lavender growing on your property? We used to have some a few years ago, but a gardener that we hired accidentally yanked them out while weeding. :( Needless to say, I wasn't very happy, and we don't use a gardener anymore. Oh well. Not sure when I'll get around to planting more, but whenever I have a need to see pretty lavender, I'll just come back to your blog. :) Have a wonderful day!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you