27 August 2013

Hello from La Petite Maison.

I'm almost back home,  I'm staying in my own holiday cottage  La Petite Maison for a couple of weeks while the last of the holiday makers are still here.






Mr France and I ( he's been reading my blog and  said he'd prefer to be called that, than my other half )  love this little cosy cottage, we always feel as if we are on holiday when we stay there and seem to sleep in till late in the mornings and spend the day pottering. I've even taken up doing my sketches and water colour painting again. Today we packed up a picnic and took a drive through our country lanes and found a lake we had never visited before. We had the place almost to ourselves as most of the holiday makers have gone home to prepare for the children going back to school. 


This was our picnic lunch 

Charentaise melon & Jambon sec... 

 
 
Roasted tomatoes & mozzarella cheese tart.

 

Chairs waiting for us when we arrived back at the cottage.


The colourful corner collection.



  A perfect day and now the sun going down.

 

   

à bientôt
Barbara Lilian



4 comments:

  1. It sounds like a delight stay in your little cottage but I know that you will enjoy when you can be back in your own home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply idyllic. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Evening Barbara, I am back to normal now, mum has returned home, so I am able to catch up with everyone. Mum is 83 years this month, so I like to spend as much time with her as I possibly can.
    Isn't it fabulous, when you have lived in a place for a while, but still there are new places to discover. Your lunch looked delicious, I liked the look of the tomato and mozzarella tart.
    I love your old watering can, do you know, I had one which I kept from when I was first married, but when we moved from Cyprus, we had to scale back on things to allow the important bits and bobs to fit into the container, and sadly I had to leave my watering can behind. I go to car boot sales in the hope of finding one, but have never managed to.... I think nowadays they are in demand as they are very fashionable and people love them.
    We are being treated to some wonderfully warm weather. I have been out in the garden dividing and lifting plants.
    Maybe I'll take a leaf out of Mr France's book and sit in the shade and read the paper.
    Enjoy your warm sunny days.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miam...those appetizing meals..summer! Now that is what I call ideal...having a little corner where you can escape to which feels like holiday -look at M France..clearly on holiday!
    Bisres
    Ronelle

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you