11 September 2014

Around the world blog hop.







Last week I received an email from Daphne  inviting me to join the 'Around the world blog hop' 

Me ! who never links up with other bloggers, mainly because I don't know how !

I needed to think about it. It wasn't easy for me to say yes. This is going to be a big challenge, as me
and links are strangers, so please forgive me if the links don't work... here goes....







I met  Daphne in 2012 not long after we both started our blogs and that was through   I've been tagged  even then Daphne guided me through the technical bits, but I still didn't get the hang of links.
Daphnes blog has grown so much since then. She shares her delightful detailed recipes, and tells such humorous tales of her everyday happenings. I feel I know her although we've never met.
In April 2014 Daphnes blog   was featured in  'Woman's Weekly' an English magazine , I mentioned that I would love to see it, but wasn't able to get it here in France, so she sent me a copy, how thoughtful is that. She has continually  kept in contact with me through out my back problem, and I  still receive emails from her asking how I am.
I'm sure if you haven't already come across her lively blog you will be drawn in by her charm. She writes as if she is talking to you.
For those who already follow my blog, you will know that I'm not someone who posts on a regular
day, or has a certain theme for my posts. I just have to be in the right mood.

Now I'm meant to write something about me,
but if you take a look at my post I've been tagged
  you'll find out a lot about me.


I thought it was about time I introduced you to my husband who is usually in the background
and referred to as Mr France. This year in August we celebrated our 52yrs. wedding anniversary.


This year due to my back problem we haven't been out and about very much, but
  now I'm feeling much better, and last week my niece came to visit us and we
went to one of my favourite places Brantome in the Dordogne.
 
 Now I need to answer some questions.


1  ...   HOW DOES MY WRITING/CREATIVE PROCESS WORK.

Now this is easy for me to answer, as I don't have a writing process...
I just write what ever comes into my head, or make a post about something I might recently have seen or done. I never plan ahead, or have a special time or day to write my post.
I try to have my camera with me or in the glove compartment in the car.
That way, if I see something that might make an interesting post, I can take photos to work around.
However that doesn't always happen, my camera has often been left on the table in the kitchen.
 I could never class myself as a writer. When I was at school, in one end of year report my English teacher wrote 'Barbara seems to have a gift for writing, if only she would concentrate in class'
I still seem to lack concentration even now.


2  ...  WHY DO I WRITE/CREATE WHAT I DO.

I wrote about this in April 2012 in my first post.
Welcome to the 1st page of my new blog


I used to walk a lot, but that went on hold for a while.
But I'm back to walking along the lanes
near my house.

Picking wild flowers on a walk.


I find writing about the things I see and sharing the photos I take in my blog
 a good way to have a record of the area and see it in a different way.
Since I've started to paint much more frequently than I used to
I now have the courage to show my paintings,
which otherwise would only ever be seen by me & Mr France.
I know I'll never be a writer or an artist.
but blogging has given me the confidence to be much more adventurous.


3  ...  HOW DOES MY WORK DIFFER FROM OTHERS IN ITS GENRE.

I think we all have our own way of writing for our blogs.
Some write very little and show lots of photos.
I don't have a particular style, so maybe that's what makes my work different.
I think it's for the reader to be the judge of that question.

As I have said before, although I live in France,  Paris is not my favourite place,
I know lots of people have Paris on their wish list to visit and that's fine by me , but you won't find me writing about it. However I do love reading blogs about Paris.

4  ...  WHAT AM I WORKING ON NOW.

I'm working on a painting at the moment.
 Not just any painting, this is to be a gift for some friends.
It's the first time I've ever painted something for someone.
It's been very challenging, at one point I was ready to give up, and go out and buy a present.
But Mr France has encouraged me all the way through.
I always feel they are not good enough, but it's just come back from being framed
and I feel very pleased with myself.
I'm not able to show you yet, in case they read this post.



Now it's time to introduce you to three very talented ladies who I have invited to take part in the 'Around the world blog hop.'
They will be showing their post next Monday the 15th September
so don't forget to pop over and see what they write about.

First is Debbie from Ohio.
http://wwwviewfromharmonyhills.blogspot.com

I have been following Debbie
enjoying her lovely paintings here for quite a long time.

We both love spending our time outdoors pottering about in our gardens.
She is a fantastic Watercolour Artist, and shows some beautiful  sketches
 she  paints in her journal, in such a lovely delicate style of painting.
If like me you enjoy gardening and /or watercolour painting
you will really enjoy reading and seeing her blog.

 
 
Next is  Sharon Chapman from  Washington.
 



                                      Wildflowerhouse By Sharon Chapman
 
 
Sharon paints wonderful cards which she sells through her 'Wildflowerhouse Shoppe' 
She also shares her beautiful journals which she makes herself,
 full of such a varied array of subjects she sketches and paints.
Quite recently she became the proud owner of two adorable puppies, Max & Cooper.
She has shown a few lovely short video clips of the progress
they have made  since they first arrived at her home a few months ago.
Sharons love for the flowers she has in her beautiful garden
 can be seen here through her cards & journals.
 
 
My 3rd invitee is Shane who lives in New Zealand.
 
I met Shane early this year when we both joined Grow your blog party. 
and she was the winner of  my Give away gift.
 
Since then she has continued to correspond with me by email.
 
I'm sure you will really enjoy seeing her lovely blog & sharing her posts.
 
Shane is a self confessed Francophile and loves France, especially when she can get  to see her grandchildren, who live in France. I've yet to find out if its anywhere near where I live. She collects pretty china, loves embroidery & old lace and makes beautiful collage cards from antique lace and vintage photo cards. Shane shares the same interests in flowers and gardening as my  two other guests. Shane shows fantastic photos of flowers which she has taken herself.



 
 
So Thank you to Daphne for inviting me.
and also
and Shane
 
for being my guests.
I hope I've done my linking correctly ( you've no idea how long it took me ) !!!
if I got it right it's thanks to  Daphne for giving me the link to Karen  showing me what to do.
I'm a late developer and just like Daphne I need to see how to do things
especially in the world of internet jargon.


 
I do hope you enjoyed your 'Around the world blog hop'
from my little corner of France.
 
 
 
à bientôt
 
Barbara Lilian
 


12 comments:

  1. Hello Barbara

    How lovely to see some more photos of you - that's a gorgeous one of the two of you! 52 years marriage is cause for celebration - congratulations and well done!

    It is always a pleasure to visit your blog - one reason being that you are in France and as you said I love France!!
    But your artistic talents of painting and gardening are what I really enjoy reading about!
    Thank you for including me in your "Around the World Blog Hop", it's a first for me so I'll give it my best!!!

    Enjoy what's left of your late summer days, from what I hear there's already a little chill in the air.....

    Merci à bientôt

    Shane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Barbara - what a beautiful post...imagine 52 years of marriage!! Wow you two make such a handsome couple. From the very first time I visited your blog I was captivated by your beautiful gardens and your artistic endeavors. Your lovely photos brought France to Ohio and I have so enjoyed seeing your life there. Thank you so much for including me in your Blog Hop. I hope I can do my post as well as you did. I am hopping over to Shane's blog now. Sharon and I already are blogging buddies and she is certainly a wonderful artist and a great blogger. Have a lovely day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Afternoon Barbara, Congratulations..... you did it.... links and all.... I knew you would be able to. I am so pleased you had the time to post, as I know you have been so busy with your visitors.
    Congratulations again, but this time on 52 years of marriage. I love the photo you posted of yourself and Mr France..... it is lovely to be able to put a face to Mr France.
    You are so kind, you wrote some lovely words about my blog, I was really overwhelmed.
    You know I love visiting your blog, it is always lovely to see your garden and hear what you have been up to. Once your back is truly healed, you will be up and running and back to your old self again..... busying yourself in the garden.... but only when you are well.
    I am now going to visit your lovely friends.
    Enjoy your evening.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to see such a lovely photo of you and Mr. France. I enjoyed your post and chuckled with I read about linking. I've been ask to link to certain blogs but just can't seem to get it right…way too technical for me. Even after clicking on the link to another Karen. I'm lucky that I get my posts to go through. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. as I seem to have eventually mastered the linking ( hoping I can do it the next time I need to ) I'm sure you can.

      Delete
  5. You have a lovely blog and happy to have found you through my blogging friend, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Barbara,

    Lovely to come and visit you from the blog hop.
    Congratulations on 52 years of marriage - that is wonderful! I enjoyed seeing the photograph of you and Mr France.
    Also enjoyed seeing photos from your beautiful garden and your wonderful Artwork and thanks for the great post.
    Hope you are enjoying the weekend
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely reading your blog.what a great way to get in touch with like minded women.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am visiting from over at Shane's :) Nice blog and lovely post ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Barbara, I found your blog through Debbie Nolan and so glad I did. What a wonderful format so full of interesting photos and commentary. I am probably the only person you'll hear from that will never come to France or any other country for that matter. With the uncertainty these days of safety I will not move my feet from American soil. There is so much to see in my own country it is enough for me. Besides..........I have all of these wonderful blogs to see that it's like having a personal tour guide. Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to meet you Barbara, what a lovely place you have here! Visiting from Debbie Nolan's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found your blog through a link in Anne's Around the World post. Based on the photos I've seen here, you live in a very beautiful part of the world! I am going to come back and spend more time exploring your posts!

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you