27 June 2015

Flowers from my garden.

This past week we have had very hot days.
The garden is looking colourful 
so I thought I'd cut some flowers .


A vintage pitcher full of poppy seed head stems from last summer.

A selection of flowers put in a jam jar then placed in a hessian bag.
I added some wild flowers picked from the edge of the lane 
along with a few blooms from my new climbing rose  'Pierre de Ronsard'




A corner of the terrace which I'm always changing.

I very rarely buy flowers,
However I couldn't resist these Rose buds found at a supermarket.
I bought some awhile ago and hung then in a walk in cupboard
and they've dried a lovely faded pink and kept their beautiful scent.


So I plan to do the same again.

are you picking flowers from your garden ?
if you are I'd love to see what how you display them.



à bientôt

Barbara Lilian

5 comments:

  1. So lovely Barbara . . .
    Isn't that the best part . . . (Well one of the best parts!)
    Seeing the flowers growing and thriving and then picking them and arranging them to enjoy inside . . .
    I picked a bunch the other day and ended up with three bouquets in different size and kinds of containers.
    I took one bouquet to a friends house, a lunch invite.
    Wouldn't you know, I forgot to take pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a little bit of rain today so I didn't pick any flowers, but I hope to tomorrow. Maybe I'll remember to take a photo. My roses are finished their first blooms and I trimmed off the blooms so they'll grow again. Lots of hydrangeas blooming here now.

    What pretty things you put together in your photos. Your flowers are lovely. Don't you love this time of year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pink roses are so pretty, Barbara. They even look nice when dried. It has been hot here too, but my roses seem to be coming alive even more. I did a post on my pink roses today if you want to take a peek.

    Have a splendid week ahead.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning, Barbara,
    To answer your questions.....The pink crepe myrtle tree doesn't have fruit, just the prettiest blossoms. It was already planted when we moved into our new home, and doing well. My pink roses are a vibrant pink and they open up with the same color. But after a few days, they turn to a lighter shade, which I really like. I don't know the name of them cause I didn't keep the tag, which is something that I have to do in the future. Yes, it's been very hot here, but for some reason my roses are doing good. I heard that roses are pretty sturdy, and once they are planted good in the ground, they will last all kinds of weather, hot and cold.

    I hope you have a beautiful week there in France. The girls will be going to France this summer, and they should be bringing me back something special hehehe. Thanks for your comment, Barbara. It's always a pleasure when I see your sweet face.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a surprise..I am not getting your posts anymore..I thought you were taking a break..going to catch up..

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you