15 June 2015

La Petite Maison

It's been awhile since my last post.
Summer is always a busy time for us.
Our summer letting started earlier this year, so as soon as we returned
home from our visit to Denmark, we were preparing

Our first visitors were on their honey moon, a couple from Belgium.
So I wanted to make it special for them.
  Our pink climbing rose is in full bloom


Naturally I picked some rose buds

and put them in a small glass vase, to pretty up the bedroom.

 and rose petals to sprinkle on the bed was a must.

Also a few extra little touches here & there.
in my style of country chic decorating to welcome them.



A little teddy resting on a selection of vintage French books.


A straw sun hat waiting to be used

A bouquet of pink roses.

I'm trying my best to catch up on all your posts, although
 I haven't had time to leave a comment, I've been reading them,

Even after a rushed quick visit of a few days to see family in the UK
everywhere in the garden is looking good.
So I'll be sharing the progress with you soon.

Hope you are all enjoying summertime in your garden.


à bientôt

Barbara Lilian

11 comments:

  1. You've created a pretty and welcoming spot for your visiting guests. The roses are beautiful and such a delicate pink. Wishing you a beautiful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Barbara. ...all lokk verry Nice and beautiful in your home enjoy summer...love from Holland Ria...x!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to hear from you . .
    You prepared a sweet space for the newly weds . . .
    I look forward to more of you and the gardens . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a romantic little hideaway to spend ones honeymoon in, I should think your guests will love it. Your roses are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Barbara- what a wonderful place to spend a honeymoon. All your special touches are so romantic. Will be looking forward to seeing your beautiful gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pretty touches make la petite maison a charming place. Love the pink climbing rose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks beautiful....I didn't know you had a little place for people to stay in....hummm, maybe we can visit....
    Nancy
    wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely home and garden. And you have made it so welcoming. I just wish I were in the midst of traveling through France to experience it myself! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've created a charming welcome for your newly wed guests dear Barbara.
    Being in travelling mode, I appreciate all those special touches.
    On tour we stayed at a couple of wonderful elegant 'old' hotels in Ireland - they are so much more appealing to me than the 'chain' type of hotel.


    ReplyDelete
  10. Barbara, your home looks so nice for your guests. Is your home open for guests to stay from different countries? Your pink rose is absolutely beautiful, and that is exactly the shade I wanted in my garden. Mine is a bit brighter, and I love it as well. Your guest room is pretty, and it says "welcome" to me.

    I hope you are enjoying the June days, as they are almost over.

    love, ~Sheri

    ps your icon on my side bar doesn't pop up, so I can't see when you have a new post. I will just have to come over more often. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the light in that room!
    Sweet touches!

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you