04 May 2012

Frogs / Froggies & Frogs legs.


We all know the French are known as Froggies & also well known for eating frogs legs.
This is just a tale of tadpoles to frogs, from our river.


For the past week or two the frogs down by the river opposite our house have been making their usual croaking sound which we always hear at this time of the year, meaning the river will now be amass with spawn and tadpoles. I'm sure most children who live near to a pond or stream have trotted off to try to catch tadpoles, in a net or a homemade device from a used water bottle, cut and taped to a branch of a fallen tree which is what my other half did for our grand children ( he can always make something out of nothing) we call him MacGyver ! But he's always there to lend a helping hand & loved and known as Pops. Shortly after this photo was taken the youngest bent down too far, need I paint the picture ! I'll always remember this day.



Two of my grandsons catching tadpoles in our stream.
Not sure if they will still want to do it this year, as now they are getting older.


My childhood memories are of going with my two brothers, carrying a jam jar which my mother had tied with a piece of string around the top to make a handle, we'd walk a mile to the local pond to find the frogs spawn; which we brought home to wait anxiously for eggs to turn into tadpoles and then finally frogs. I don't  ever remember seeing them develop into frogs, something usually happened, either it was next doors cat who attacked them or our own dog knocking the bowl over trying to chase the cat away. Lovely times.



AHOY there !!

Thought these pictures were amusing, taken at our swimming pool.



Sitting on top of the world.

I'll be back soon, hope you will to.
Barbara Lilian.

3 comments:

  1. Love the picture of the boys,happy memories. Also the cool frog sailing around in the little boat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved catching tadpoles! The ones in the pool are so funny..Cute boys too!!

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you