20 September 2012

Now I know Autumn is on it's way.





How strange our weather has been today, we had 3 seasons in one day.
This morning we woke up to see ground frost, by midday the sun was warm so we ate our lunch on the deck by the pool, then enjoyed a swim, well my other half did, I'm a bit of a wimp ! when it comes to dipping in the pool, the water needs to be bath temp. for me. Even though the pool temp. was 26 deg. so he told me ! So I decided on having a snooze on a sun lounger, more my style.

Then a walk was on the cards, well more like a stroll, not too energetic only up the lane from my house, and as you can see by the photos I didn't come back empty handed. When I go walking at this time of the year I always have a plastic bag in my pocket just in case, as you never know what little treats you might find.




Look what I found.
Yes Blackberries, not many, but enough to make a dessert.




As I'm trying to get back to improving  my sketching & aquarelle painting,
 I took a few photos of the berries hoping it will inspire me.











 



Well by the time I'd worked on the photos I'd taken, trying to enhance & crop them, to feel that they were good enough to show on my blog, I feel pleased with myself as I've now started on a few sketch's. If I think they are worth showing, I might pluck up the courage to let you have a peep. If you like to see really good journal sketch's take a look at Sketchbook Wandering it's one of my favourites.
  
I've been a late learner in a lot of things that I'm now loving to do, so tackling the art of taking good photos will have to be my next challenge. I'm enjoying putting a post together for my blog, so to me that's the main thing.  

I hope you enjoyed the touch of Autumn after my stroll down our lane.


A bientot

Barbara Lilian




5 comments:

  1. Photos are so much fun to paint..says moi in my amateur voice..very amateur..

    So is photography a fun activity..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Barbara, I have to say, one reason I like Autumn is for the blackberries.... and yours look juicy and ready to eat. I look forward to seeing your art work and I bet you will also find that you will inspire someone out there in blogland to take up the paint brush. Have a lovely day. Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I paint from photos all the time
    saves time to do a tracing of the shapes. Blackberries look delish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Barbara, I am so glad that you are enjoying my sektches & I thank you for visiting my blog. And I am totally enjoying your photos & stories!!! The montage is delightful. Lounging in the autumn sun sounds lovely, as well as finding blackberries...A bientôt! Rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your stories and photos, especially the nature ones like the berries.

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you