12 November 2012

I've been tagged.

Now this is a very new experience for me.  So please excuse me if I stumble and make a few mistakes.

I have received an invitation from Daphne at ivyphyllisandme.blogspot.co.uk     telling me I've been tagged and would I like to join in and have a bit of fun, I thought why not, I have nothing to loose and perhaps you will get to know me a little better.

I would never  have thought that 8 months after I started my blog I'd have been tagged by any one.
If I remember without looking back my words on my very first post were 'I don't know if anyone will ever read this blog, but I'm writing this for ME and if no one ever reads it, at least it will be something my grand children can read and find out things they never knew about their 'Nana', or words similar to that.


As with most things there are a few rules.
Every tagged person will be asked to tell 11 things about themselves.
The person who tagged you will ask 11 questions which you answer.
Then you ask 11 questions to the 11 blogs you are going to tag. You should choose to tag those with less than 200 followers.
Mention the blog which tagged you but do not tag back.


11 Things about ME.

  1. Home to me is where I'm living at that time.
  2. I love to have the house full of family and friends.
  3. I'm good at making a house into a home as soon as I move in.
  4. I can make a meal out of whats in the fridge & feed any amount of unexpected visitors.
  5. I'm not a materialistic person.
  6. I am always going on a diet.
  7. I don't need to have somewhere to go to put on my favourite outfit.I wear it anytime. 
  8. I love my garden.
  9. What ever I am drinking I like it to be in the correct glass or cup.
  10. I'm small in stature, but true to my birth sign I can be feisty  so my other half says. 
  11. I love surprises.

These are the answers to the 11 things I was asked.


Who is your favourite author?

I don't one favourite. but for humerous light reading I like Miriam Keyes.
Because she can always make me laugh.

What is your favourite food?

I have lots, but I prefer FISH to MEAT.

Are you an outdoor or indoor person ?

Out door any day.

Which do you prefer, sunshine or snow ?

I'm definitely a sunshine girl.

What do you dislike?

Bad manners.

What is your favourite colour ?

I like red to brighten up my black outfits.

Do you enjoy comedy or drama ?

Comedy programmes, especially the old ones.

If you could choose anyone past or present to dine with 
who would you choose ?

Ooh! that's a hard one !! I'll choose George Clooney, then I would be able to find out if he's as interesting as he's good looking

If you had to live on a desert island for a year
what would you take ?

If I had an IPad I'd take that,
but I haven't  so it would be my camera, to capture  everything I saw.

What is the name of your pet ?

I don't have one now, but  my favourite was Suzie my black Labrador,
who was always by my side.

What was the name of your first teacher ?

Miss Biddolf. I remember  her so well, she had hairs on her chin
and  I told my mother she had a beard.



These are my 11 questions to the ones  I've tagged.

  1. What do you prefer to wear, skirts or trousers ?
  2. Who is your favourite male singer ?
  3. Which do you prefer cats or dogs ?
  4. What is your favourite flower ?
  5. Which season do you prefer, winter or summer ?
  6. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be ?
  7. Which chocolate do you prefer, dark or milk flavour ?
  8. For a holiday which do you prefer town or country ?
  9. Which wine is your favourite red or white ?
  10. What is your favourite sport ?
  11. Are you a night or day person ?


I have tagged these blogs. I hope you will join in the fun.







I'll catch up with you later.

Barbara-Lilian-in-France







9 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara! It sounds like you've had fun being tagged! Looks like you tagged moi, so give me a bit of time & I shall respond (just back from des petits vacances...) PS I like good manners too (la politesse) & I do like that George Cluny...

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS The link to my blog is Sketchbook (no space between sketch and book) Wandering, so when you click on the link you posted it doesn't work...but thanks for tagging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rita Think a made a hash of it last night before I went to bed. I'm not into linking, but I'm learning. Try it again I think I have got it right now.
      Bx

      Delete
  3. Sounds a bit like the blog version of chain mail to me but on the other hand, I learned a lot about you from reading your post and that we have a lot in common. I consider myself to be a bit of a pantry wizard too, able to whip up a dinner party on a moments' notice with whatever I have on hand and some dim lighting in the dining room. Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank's Barbara for adding my blog! Since I'm preparing Thanksgiving dinner for a large group of people next week, it may take a little more time for me to get everything up and going, but I'll get it together. It great learning more about you...we have a lot in common except the cooking part. I'll admit, I can't just whip something up, but I certainly wish I could.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barbara, Well done, you did it! It was lovely getting to know you a little more. I would hope George Clooney is as nice as he seems, as he appears so likeable. Like you, my mum and dad had a black labrador and he was lovely, although he has been gone a long time now. As one of your comments mentioned, I suppose tagging is a little like the old chain letter, but I felt we all blog, leave comments and don't really know much about each other, that it would be fun for me to join in to allow others to get to know me. Take care, Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barbara, Thanks for tagging me. I will join in after I digest all of this :) Be patient with this old lady:)...Connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Barbara! You're a little stinker! I was enjoying reading your 11 questions until I saw that I had been tagged....just kidding! You were sweet to think of me, so I'll return the favor and keep it going. By the way, I'm completely jealous of your ability to make a meal out of whatever's in the fridge and feed any number of unexpected visitors. What I wouldn't give for that gift! So glad to get to know you a little better!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading your post. It's fun to get to know someone a little better this way. I'll think about the questions and respond soon :) My first teacher's name was Mrs. Buster and I'm pretty sure she had hair on her chin too.

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you