11 November 2012

A Time to Remember..

If you are a follower of me, you will know that I don't usually write another post so soon.

However this morning during a lovely drive through our country lanes we approached one of the nearby  villages and saw a large gathering of people, well large for the size of this tiny village. There was old and young,  all congregated together in front of the small Cafe/Bar which is opposite the church, where they had probably just been for a service and now were ready to celebrate together with an aperitif  at the bar.
We stopped the car and I took these few photos. Later after I'd returned home it made me sit back and think, how lucky I am. I'm the youngest in my family and when my Mother used to tell me about my childhood  she often referred to me as being a war baby, as I was born in 1940. When she talked  about the war, it didn't seem very important to me then. But thinking about it now, life must have been really hard. 
I'd like you to remember with me, all those brave men and women, young and old who gave their lives to defend their countries for us and our families.



The small village at the cross roads.






M. Le Maire  and the local people of this tiny village in France.









Chrysanthemum flowers outside of the church
which are known so well in France
in remembrance of the dead.





Who ever and  where ever you are, we all need to remember,
all those brave men and women who gave up their lives for us.

It's not very often I get sentimental, but seeing this ceremony in this tiny village which I pass through so often,  made me realise the importance of the future for our children and their children.

It made me think,
 How about you ?

 A bientot 

Barbara Lilian

5 comments:

  1. They had a small ceremonie at Gare de l'Est with music (where I went looking for macarons from the Lorraine)...
    Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a small ceremony in our town too.
    Everyone should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quebec City, where I was this weekend, also had some ceremonies for Remembrance Day. It sounds like you did not suffer too many effects of the war. You are indeed lucky...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful thought and post . . .

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you