08 February 2013

My dream fun car.







When we came to France to live in our first tiny village all those years ago, I arrived driving our daughters little Renault cinq. The seats were folded down to make as much room as possible for our two Labrador dogs and any space that was left around them, was packed to the top with  the remaining items that wouldn't fit in the van we had hired.

I knew I was going to need a car of my own and had dreams of how I would get around these narrow country lanes. I'd seen lots of pictures of the Citroen CV and thought what a fun car that would be to drive ! Just like my visions in a previous post, of riding my bicycle to the Boulangerie each  morning.

One of the villagers used to have a  clapped out Citroen 2cv a bit like the ones in the pictures. Well !!!  it was the same shape, only his was blue and a very old version of my dream fun car. Early and I mean early, like 5.45 am every morning, we would here the putt, putt, putt noise these cars make as he went off to work and I thought to myself... they might look fun , but do I really want to drive a car that sounds like an old lawnmower.

Yesterday while I was  in a store in Limoges browsing through a box of cards, I was taken back to when we first arrived and had visions of myself driving the lanes in a car similar to one of these.

My fun dream car. One of these really would be fun to drive, especially the pink & blue one, If I had that one everyone in my area would know it was me, when they 'd see this car.



My dream fun car.





















I never did have one, but it was nice to dream.

Would you like to drive around the country lanes in France in one of these cars ?

Which one would you choose.??



I also bought these cards
  for all 'The Paris Dreamers'





                                               Look how the ladies are dressed to ride a bicycle.


 A little before my time, but
I remember my eldest sister riding a bicycle similar to these.















All these pictures are from Julien Lautier Creations.





I hope you enjoyed joining in one of my dreams .

a bientot 
Barbara Lilian





7 comments:

  1. I'd love to drive around the country lanes of France, and I think one of these cuties would work. Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The car is simply adorable and those cards!!
    Definitely dreamy!!
    merci for both
    Carolg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbara! How are you doing? Big dreams do come true, just don’t lose hope! I believe it will happen someday. To answer your question, I would prefer the Yellow Beetle if I will buy one, and I would love to drive it in France. By the way, those post cards are nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This legendary tin snail is really a dream fun car! It’s cool to know it’s back on the market. Hooray for retro cars! :D Yes, the design is modernly interpreted, but the size which makes it fun is still the same. It would certainly be your perfect getaway on narrow country lanes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Evening Barbara, What a fun, fabulous car the Citroen is....I love the colour pink and blue. Yes I can imagine you driving around in one of these cars. Sun shining, windows down and French music playing on your radio.
    My favourite old car is a red Beetle which I owned in the '70's....no one else liked it, but I did. I used to drive it around the country lanes of Germany.
    It's fun to remember and dream.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a good taste, Barbara! The classical touch of French culture is a sight to behold. From fashion up to the sights, they incorporate art in every aspect of their culture. When you say Paris, the thing that comes to my mind right away is their sophisticated art! The dream car you posted is lovely, and I hope you get one soon! Take care, dear, and good luck in achieving your dreams.

    Nicole Vickers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you take those photos of the cars? They are so artistic, the cars with their backgrounds, I love them. There was an old Citroen in Saint Rémy de Provence when I was there last year. Everywhere you were, it seemed to show up. I do hope you get your dream car. Thanks for the poscards too. Yes, I am one of the "Paris Dreamers"...

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you