17 April 2013

My Blogs 1st Anniversary


I can't believe it's now one year since I started my blog.
One year ago today, I hardly knew what to do, and didn't really know what I would write about.






It was my son in laws birthday yesterday 
so thought I'd use his cake for my 1st. anniversaire





I now try to remember to have my camera in the car to capture the beautiful countryside. 





I still struggle with some of the technical things, especially linking to other blogs
which is why I never join any of the link invites. 
Maybe I'll get the hang of it one day.
I've learnt how to use my other half's camera, so I now take better pictures since my first post.
But most of all I have lots of friends, who come and visit my blog 
 and like my photos and write nice comments about what I've done.
and I am a follower of lots of bloggers.
 All of this gives me great pleasure.

so
A big THANK YOU
to
ALL of you who have popped by to read my blog
even if you don't leave a comment
I  really appreciate you taking the time
and most important I hope you enjoy reading my little stories
and looking at my photos.


Would you like to join  me on my drive down the lanes to the boulangerie.


After just a few days of sunshine the fields and the sides of the lanes 
are a mass of yellow from the dandelions.
This was what I saw this morning on my way to the boulangerie.
So I hope you'll enjoy these photos I took to share with you.






Our nearest neighbour is this farm house.




















This house is used by the hunters as a hunting lodge
during the hunting season





There used to be three horses in this field and the owner built this shelter for them. 
The horses have now gone, but the owner still comes regulary to cut the grass.






I drove to the village where I used to live 
just to see this beautiful Magnolia as I knew it would be in full bloom.
I hope one day my  little twig as seen on my post
will grow to flower as lovely as this one.



à bientôt
Barbara Lilian





8 comments:

  1. Barbara,
    Congratulations on your anniversary! I discovered your wonderful blog a few months ago and have enjoyed every posting. Going to France is on my bucket list, but for now I will visit your beautiful country through your writings and pictures! Joyeux Anniversaire!

    Sincerely,
    Pat F.
    Las Vegas, NV
    USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1st Blg Birthday Barbara!
    Your area looks wonderfully green and Springy
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first blogging anniversary Barbara...that is terrific. I've enjoyed your lovely drive today with abundant sunshine and dandelions blooming in the green fields. I look forward to the coming year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary Barbara! I'm so proud of you. You were one of my first blog friends I met when I started blogging. I've enjoyed getting to know you and I LOVE the photographs you post. They are truly a feast for the eyes. The countryside that you post about looks like what I imagine a French countryside to look like, and I always enjoy seeing your beautiful flowers. Congratulations, and I look forward to seeing many more posts from you!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Barbara, How fabulous, your 1st Anniversary as a blogger....Happy 1st Anniversary to you. Doesn't the time fly by.
    I loved the drive through the countryside....so much greenery with the yellow dandelions popping up through the grass....and isn't that a stunning Magnolia tree, just beautiful.
    Have a lovely Sunday.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barbara! Your photos are so lovely. I fear if I was riding with you I'd be saying," stop I want to sketch and paint." Ha ha! We would never get to our destination. Have a sunny day. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a pleasure to know your blog. Love and lavenders found here looking over them. All so beautiful!
    I am Brazilian and I spent my 25 years of marriage in Provence was a dream come true.
    That this magical place that you live.
    Very happy to have come here
    Congratulations on a year of blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just loved looking at all you photos and your little journey through the country!I miss my times in France~it remains a very special place in my heart!

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you