13 October 2013

My ornamental Orange plant



I have to thank my Mr France for getting this house plant to look as good as this.







Most of my house plants are nothing special.
I have lots of Chlorophytum / the common Spider plant, 
and several Bridgessi / Christmas cactus, along with a few Begonia - erthrophylla. 
Plants that almost look after themselves, helped  with the occasional watering. 
I'm more of an outdoor gardener.





Botanic name
Calamondin  Orange


Two years ago we were given this ornamental Citrus plant, 
which came with an abundance of flowers and fruit.  
I did my usual occasional watering, watched the new flowers come and go, 
but never turn into fruit. 
As I've said before if plants die on me, I never feel it's a disaster.







However Mr France was not happy with how it was looking so he took charge and bought a special feed for Citrus type plants and hey ho what a difference.  He's been counting all the flowers which gradually turned into little green fruit, and have grown now bigger & bigger. I know he's feeling quite proud of himself, as he took these photos,  and giving me a telling off, for neglecting this plant.





After all the tender loving care Mr France has given this plant,
Unfortunately these juicy looking fruits can't be eaten.  they are only ornamental.
but he's done a very job, don't you think ?







Now I'm back into my painting mode, I was looking through all the things I'd done 
and found this little watercolour painting of a lavender field, 
it was my very first  effort.

I think I've made a big improvement since then.






From now on, I think I'll stick to the outdoor garden & keep trying to improve my painting.
  and leave the indoor plants to Mr France.



à bientôt
Barbara Lilian

5 comments:

  1. It's uncanny..as I took a cooking class..a few yrs ago..Italian..she had the most beautiful ornamental lemon tree..I asked where she got it..and she said it's artificial..it was small and perfect..I've been on the lookout ever since..for real..a real live one:)
    I have found larger ones..but none like yours:)
    It's a little gem Barbara..Great tip on fruit tree joy juice:)
    I quite like the watercolor:)
    It's such a lovely hobby I find~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could try painting the indoor fruits...so pretty.
    Just trace off your photos.
    Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have brought me back to childhood! I remember my dad having an orange tree. He was a pharmacist and a customer gave it to him. It didn't last long, but it's one of my favorite memories, as I loved plants even then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love any fruiting trees so I love that tree! Are you sure you can't eat them? We have those small clementines here that are about that size! It's about that time of year when they start showing up at the stores.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful plant, that little tree. It shows that Mr. France is tending well to it. I thought the same thing that PB wrote: What a lovely subject for experimenting with your watercolors. Your watercolor is sweet, thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you