08 November 2015

Autumn in my part of France.

Just returned home, after celebrating my 75th Birthday in Denmark.
I'll tell you about that in my next post.

Before I left I did some tidying up in the garden 
so that it wasn't too much to do when I returned.
It had just rained and everywhere was looking fresh.
It was just turning to dusk and thought it was a good time 
to get my Panasonic aim & shoot pocket camera out,




Non of these champignons are edible.
but look lovely in the wild part of my garden.

These champignons have a lovely shiny sheen on them
 and the leaves with tiny droplets clinging on, looked sparkly in the scanty light.



I love these raindrops glistening on the leaves.
I raked off a lot of fallen leaves and found these primula in bloom.
Having such  warm weather for the time of year,
 some plants don't know which season it is.

We don;t usually see these in flower until early Spring.
I even saw some tips of the daffodils,
so I quickly covered them over with some compost.
Far too early.

I found this old metal watering can when we moved here many years ago
when we started the renovation. It was hidden in the overgrown garden.
It has a hole in it, but I use it for decoration. Sometimes I put
 a washed jam jar or a cut off water bottle inside, then
I can put wild flowers in it. Living in the country
it's so much nicer than a vase.
I love a bit of rustic.

How's your garden looking, 
are you continually raking up leaves ?

Do you still have plants in flower ? that are usually dormant by now.
Let me know.
 Several of my gardening friends, from different parts of the world
have told me how different their garden looks to previous years.
Hope it's a good sign !!



à bientôt
Barbara Lilian

12 comments:

  1. Good Day to you Barbara Lilian. I would like to send you my best wishes on celebrating your 75th birthday! You must have had a wonderful time in Denmark and I'll look forward to your post on your trip there. Your photos of the mushrooms and primula are very pretty. What a nice surprise to find the primula blooming. No such surprises here although it's been fairly mild for November even though I'm cold all the time. :) Have a wonderful week.
    Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gardens are bare and 95% cleaned from leaves and such . . .
    I have noticed that my "Swamp Lilies" I cut back weeks ago have returned and are green again.
    (No swamp here, but guess that is what they are called around here. I also refer to them as Tiger Lilies.)
    Our November so far has been very warm with warmer temps predicted mid week.
    However, a sharp frost happened last evening . . .
    Is your yellow flower called a Primrose?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday friend. Denmark sounds like the perfect spot to celebrate this special event. Your photos are wonderful. Imagine your formulas blooming. Hope it is a good sign that winter will be mild. Yes I have been doing my share of leaf duty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful autumnn pictures ...happy autumn in France....love from me Ria x....❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, are those mushrooms growing in your garden? I love the picture of the rain drops on the leaves. Flowers look even lovelier with a few drops of rain on them. Yes, the roses in my garden are still blooming. And it was great for them when the rain came, as we really need it in Calif.

    Happy Birthday, dear friend. I hope your day was special. Can't wait to hear more about your trip to Denmark.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barbara,
    I love finding mushrooms in the garden ..... somehow it feels rather exotic for some reason !!
    My husband cleared up all the leaves on Sunday and within minutes, they were all back !!!!
    We still have some roses blooming { they have been so good this year } and the hydrangeas are hanging on in there ..... it is so mild here at the moment but, I'm sure it won't be long before that changes.
    Belated ' Many Happy Returns ' ..... I look forward to hearing all about your celebrations in Denmark. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!!! Belated I know, but Happy Birthday nonetheless....
    Hope your week is wonderful!!
    Love the pictures...
    Nancy
    wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Barbara, Gosh those mushrooms look spectacular, what a shame they are not edible... but having said that, it would be a shame to disturb them as they look lovely.
    I have a few things flowering, the hydrangeas are still going and I have some pink Narine Lilies still in bloom, which is pretty amazing because we have had some terrible winds of late.
    What a joy to find the little yellow primrose under the leaves. It must have been such a surprise, because as you say normally they flower in spring.
    I have been enjoying your photos on facebook and you look as if you had a wonderful time in Denmark. Like everyone else I look forward to hearing all about it.
    Enjoy the rest of your day.
    Best Wishes to you.
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Happy Birthday, Barbara. The primula is a bright and welcome sight this time of year. A bit incongruous with the more subtle tones of the mushrooms and fallen leaves, perhaps. We're having lots of wind and rain tonight so I expect most of our leaves will be blown off the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Barbara and I want to wish you a Happy (belated) Birthday! Your photos are lovely and so nice to see the sweet flowers blooming so late in the season. The watering can is a wonderful bit of garden history and a reminder that the garden has been loved before. I still have a few fuchsia blossoms and begonia hanging on and even one yellow rose. I have been raking and raking.....You know, I just heard on the news that Paris is under siege and my heart is absolutely breaking for your beautiful country. Please stay safe - my prayers are with you and the people of France. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. A belated happy birthday wish to you Barbara, I'm sure you had a wonderful time with your family. I love the way you captured your garden after a rain, it gives a pretty luster to everything.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A belated happy birthday wish to you Barbara, I'm sure you had a wonderful time with your family. I love the way you captured your garden after a rain, it gives a pretty luster to everything.

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you