15 December 2013

Some of my decorations, using the pages of music.








Since all the pondering about defacing the music book
I've had a great time making cards
in fact
many cards, which have all been to sent to friends and family.








Then  I made these cones, which I remembered seeing last year
 in my favourite Danish magazine.


This is my variation.





The cones can be hung from a beam 
or placed on a side table with baubles popped inside,
or if you have a large tree they could look lovely hanging from a branch










 Many years ago I used to make little cushions with vintage lace which I put on our bed
and I have lots of odd pieces left over from my collection .
So it was just the thing to add to the vintage theme of the sheet music.











I also had some clear baubles I'd bought a while ago
and wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with them !

I'd seen a few ideas in a magazine, using paper in different colours
 cut into strips and placed inside. so that gave me the idea to use the music.





 I still have a few other ideas for things to do, if I get time.







I hope you like what I chose to do with some of the pages from the book.






As Mr France & I will be spending the Christmas holiday with our daughter and our grandchildren
I haven't decorated a tree this year.
But I've had lots of enjoyment making these decorations, which I'll give to her and have the pleasure of seeing how she will display them in her home.





à bientôt


Barbara Lilian






7 comments:

  1. I think you made the right decision...I'm sure your family and friends will love their cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so great. It seems like such an easy thing to do too.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been having fun in Santa's workshop..So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara - love what you did with these music sheets...super ideas and what a creative person you are. I am sure your daughter will enjoy displaying them. Hope you have a lovely day. Take care and God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many creative solutions!
    Just wonderful B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara,
    These cards are so special because they are homemade. I'm glad to hear that you still send out cards. It is something that I love to do every year. The cones with the music sheets are so lovely, what a creative idea.

    Merry Christmas, and I wish you peace and joy on this special day.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family. Your decorations are delightful…you are so creative.

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you