17 March 2013

Vacant Bird House to Let.







There's a lot of activity going on around our house at the moment. 

and I'm learning to use our new camera
so I've been taking lots of pictures'

The birds are house hunting.


But we have no takers at the moment.


This year I'm providing soft wadding for the interior.


It does look as if it's being used.




 I've been getting lots of  practise shooting moving things
  

The following photos were taken from the kitchen window.
using  burst mode. Do I sound like I know what I'm talking about ?
( new technique to me )
I would just like to inform anyone who might be thinking this is a photo shoot tutorial
you'll be disappointed.
It's just me feeling very proud of myself 
 knowing I have taken photos I feel worthy to post on my blog.
I still have a big plate on my back.

I'll let you into a secret now
when I first started my blog, nearly a year ago
I used to get my other half to take my photos.






                                                                                                   










Do you see anything strange about this cute  little bird ?
He has a deformed leg
but he can certainly hold his own battles against the other birds.
(I call it he, I don't know why)

I've been watching and he's been coming every day
for over a week now, so thought I'd try catching a picture of him.

That was how I learnt about the burst mode on the camera.
I won't tell you how many burst shots it took to get six good photos !
















This is such a pretty bird house, 
 hand made and  was a present from my daughter.



Not sure where to put it yet !
maybe I'll just use it as a garden adornment.




Last year the bird house & the enamel ware were occupied several times
  with Blue tits and the Red start.





















We don't have a great selection of birds coming near to the house.
 but we do get keen bird watchers coming to stay in La Petite Maison. 
as we are surrounded by woods  only a short walk away.

I hope you liked seeing the birds we feed everyday,
 especially our cute  little disabled Blue tit.




à bientôt
Barbara Lilian.





9 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I have just taken a look at your latest post, wow! Only a year into it and you have definately prooven that we can get our heads round new technologies if we put our minds to it.
    Love the photos and the newest "star" on your blog

    Love M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable post! If I could squeeze myself into one of those lovely little abodes, I would do so--just to be able to live in France. ;) What is the new camera you got? I am thinking of getting a new one and would love input.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for following me. I am following you back. Would love to see what it is like to live in France! How beautiful it is.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photo's are really nice! There's nothing like having a blog that makes you want to learn more about photography. I'm interested in what kind of camera you have also.

    Happy Spring!
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are terrific. There are so many things that my camera is capable of...it is just the photographer that is a little limited in my case. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures. All your birdhouses are adorable and the hungry little "guy" too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mille mercis for the tip re the glass cover on the printers tray. I will let you know how I get on.

    à trés bientot,

    Leeann x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely birdhouses and you did well with those bird photos. I find bird photos hard to take as they move so fast! France is so beautiful. How lucky you are to live there. Thanks for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your new skill, & your photos are very rewarding! Again, the camera can be such a tool to help us observe carefully, as in your little guy with the deformed leg. The close ups are really special...Les petites maisons pour les petits oiseaux sont charmantes! Bon printemps, Rita

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you