11 March 2013

My potting bench.

It's a bright sunny day so thinking of springtime I decided to clear my potting bench. I call it a potting bench but really it's just an outside table I use for fiddling with things and of course my plants.

These are a few of the things I'll be using.
 Some of my enamel ware like this jug which I have a few of and  move around to fill in an empty area waiting for a new plant or shrub to be planted. I do have plans to make another shrub area close to the terrace, which didn't get finished last year as we had already completed a big project making the terrace. Well, I helped ! most of the heavy work was done by my other half, we work together as a team.









This is the first of my spring baskets to be in flower.
The warm sun this past week helped the dwarf daffodils to open up.
The pansies have been in the basket for ages giving some colour.
I placed a tiny basket with an egg in to fill  a gap while waiting for the grape hyacinths to flower.









These primulars  appear every spring growing in the bank leading into the farmers field.










These old terracotta pots come out every year for the smaller plants.
I move them around to where ever I feel needs a bit of colour.










That's just a start, there will be lots more to see in the following weeks.
 Hope you liked what I did,  if so join me again at my potting bench.



à bientôt
Barbara Lilian



5 comments:

  1. Your still life's are Soooo paintable!
    Lovely...merci Carolg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog! You caught my eye with your first photograph!!-New follower!!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your photos...you make gardening look fun (which I know it is not ;) ). But maybe it is just in France where gardening is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your enamelware and of course your beautiful spring blooms:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara - I am so glad to meet you and your potting bench looks like it has some gorgeous blossoms...I will be visiting often. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you