22 March 2013

The pleasures of being a grand parent.


This week hubby and I had painting on our agenda , but all changed.
 We were needed several times this week as taxi service due to school time-table changes.
to collect our eldest grandchild from Lycee/ High school
which is about a 40 min. drive from where we live.
Being retired and grandparents, plans can easily be changed,
 there is always another day to do what we want.

We;ve been down this road several times before to the school
 but I've never really taken in the beauty of the architecture.  
Normally when I go to Limoges it's for shopping. 
However yesterday we had an unexpected trip again 
and I happened to have my camera. (aim and shoot)
NOT hubbies up market camera.
So I took a few pictures to let you see
a few of the houses in the road where we wait for him.
It made me realise how often we go to places and never really see what's around us.
























Some of the boys who have already left school.
and are having fun in the park where we wait for our grandson.



Here he comes always the last.

Next time I'll take you to see some of the old city.



à bientôt
Barbara Lilian







5 comments:

  1. I was only in Limoges once and that was on the outskirts...it seems I missed the pretty part. Another time perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful buildings Barbara Lilian ..... I love the architecture in France.
    ...... and, what a beautiful place to go to school although, I'm not too sure if teenage boys put that at the top of their list !!!! haha
    We have been dutiful grandparents this week as our daughter-in-law had 'flu so we looked after our little grandson more often than usual this week. As you say, plans can be changed quite easily at our age !!
    Have a lovely weekend. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice you can be close by to help with the grandkids. Even nicer that you get to drive through such gorgeous neighborhoods all the time. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this wonderful aspect of your lives! He looks great, walking toward you/us! Yes, I think the camera (& sketching) help us to notice the things around us & then, how great to share them! I will look up Limoges online..Bonne journée, ~R

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very classical French town!
    Do show us more svp ;)

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you