26 March 2013

Some things you might not know about France.


I've just been reading some articles which were 
written in 
our local free news paper

THE BUGLE

which might be of interest to all you lovers of France.

DID YOU KNOW


NO it's not a joke!
READ on....











I'm not into # 

BUT READ WHAT FRANCE THINKS OF IT.



**********************************************

SNCF    TRAVEL INFO.

This might be of interest to some of you who are planning to visit France.


Some new cheap NO FRILLS  Ouigo  TGV  trains  from Paris to the south of France.
from the 2nd April 2013

PARIS to SOUTH of  FRANCE

TAKE A LOOK AT THIS  website 



Not usually my style of post.
but
I Hope it was of interest to the lovers of France.
Who might be visiting 
PARIS in the SPRINGTIME



à bientôt
Barbara Lilian 












5 comments:

  1. I love little tidbit like this...thank you for sharing. The trousers law lift cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really??? (about the trousers!! My French teacher has spoken to us of L'Académie française...
    I don't understand what "hashtag" means...
    I'm going right over to the SCNF site.
    So, you have an English language newspaper chez vous...I wish we had a French one in my hometown...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh taking the train to the south of France sounds so lovely! I'm sure I commit crimes of fashion every single day. But one is conscious of what to wear on the streets of Paris. I probably did wear a skirt. But who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How interesting...and funny. Girls weren't allowed to wear pants to school up to my freshman year in high school. Unbelievable, sad, but true. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, this is so interesting! I am really surprised that law about the trousers was still on the books. Wow! And I would love to go to France...north, south, east west....I've never been, but my own daughter has been three times! I don't understand the whole hashtag thing, but I do think it's funny that they aren't allowing them in any official documents, and want people to refer to them as mot-dièse instead. How do you pronounce that? Anyway, thanks for enlightening us! Oh, and now I seem to be the one having problems. I can't get your blog to come up in my Bloglovin list. Do you know anything about why that might be? I have tried several times to add you, but it's not working. You might email Bloglovin and ask, now that Google Reader is going away. Hope you've had a great week!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I really love it when you leave a note in my comment box, then I know you have popped by. Thank you